The Road to Environments

It's been a pretty exciting weekend in LA for the Monty and the Runaway Furnace screening, I hope some of you got to watch the film or attend. I heard a lot of people really enjoyed it, which is awesome!

I have been busy learning ZBrush and environment workflows! ZBrush is something I never really got to spend much time in and is definitely a challenging learning curve. I found it quite frustrating to navigate in at first as it's not true 3D space.

I have some new projects underway once I have cleared these tutorials off my list! I have a few big environment projects to make and work on towards being an Environment Artist, which I am super excited on this journey. So here's what I've been making so far some rocks and leaves and log. This is from Jacob Norris' tutorial on gumroad! He is an amazing artist at Naughty Dog. Making assets have certainly been very fun process and I am enjoying a lot.

I shall also be learning Substance Designer and UE4 towards my career path. Don't worry I am not going to abandon lighting, I love it too much!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@evavfx3d) for latest updates and tweets if you're not already! my NYC piece was one of my first environment pieces; however I want to make something that you guys can experience.




Comments

Popular Posts